View Single Post
      09-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #2
PNF
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3

Me 2.

But after trying them out for a few months.. I find taking good composition, learning how to compose and emphasize the focus point of your photo, learning how to read the light, and color composition will 90% get you a good photo (assuming you have some decent equipment).

You use Canon?

I have Canon 580 EX2, and I have tried to use M mode by adjusting the light output, playing around the exposure/metering and it returned little success for me..

I use ETTL 95% of the time and adjust the ETTL setting in terms of power output and the distance of object I'm shooting.

Oh, I really believe that those who actually manually set flash settings are usually pros taking studio photos and not average amateur taking real life event photos...

I'm reading a couple books that I thought are excellent in terms of helping you understanding exposure, color composition, photo composition etc. I'll post the title tonight if you want.

I bought the book from Amazon brand new for only about $25 (retail at $45 or so). (good graphics illustration too)

2008 E92 335i (sold)
Appreciate 0