11-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #67
Add1ct
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_mega View Post
I disagree

bigger <> better, they add some extra trim, but the build and quality on our company m5, the 2 740il's we had, was no better than my 1 series or my m3

people see the big badge and think it's better, it's all the same parts bin putting these cars together

they do add some nice finishing touches and extra trim bits, if your into that sorta thing, but it's really not built any better or any quality difference that I have been able to tell, those 740li's were the worst cars ever, nothing but problems, always in the shop, the company quit buying bmw's because of those 2 cars, now they buy lexus's bleh
+1, there are extra goodies and nicer leather and maybe some dash leather but the plastics for the most part are the same- the only part of the 1er that is noticeably cheaper to me is the plastic textured trim below the dash trim piece- it's a much harder material- just a solid plastic, where as in the e46 it has the same soft touch as the door and upper dash trim