View Single Post
      11-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #12
MaybeBIM
Rep
Drives: No Bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmatt0116 View Post
I test drove an S5, that thing sucked azz.
Can you explain why you think that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Neither car is exactly small. Unless you're looking at a 328xi, I would think that the A5 is quite a bit more money. It also drives better, looks better and has a nicer interior. I almost bought one, but it's not exactly sporty so it just didn't do it for me. Because there seem to be so few A5s out there, I almost never see much posted about them on the Audi forums so I don't know if there are common problems.
Actually, the Audi A5 and 328i Coupe are similarly priced. So I'm guessing that the 328i are sportier? Sounds good. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I would imagine that the A5 would have much better acceleration and economy but the BMW would have the sweetier note and smoother power delivery. Looks is very objective, to me the A5 is probably Audi's second best looking car after the R8, which means in my mind it's far superior than the 3 series, again the inside is a personal taste thing so you either like it or you don't. Space is one area where the A5 is poor next to the BMW, in the rear it's very tight and if you have a six footer in the driver's seat I doubt anyone would be comfortable in behind them.

I had an S5 and honestly thought it was one of the best cars I owned, with a great ride quality, quiet motorway driving, brilliant stereo and a nice note when you floor it.

What ever you decide I don't think you can make a bad decision as they are both great cars to own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I have read about the oil thing on a few forums and it appears that it is common for the first 5000 mile period.
FYI, my previous vehicle was the 325i (2006) and first 7500 miles I had to add a quart of oil twice... After that it would come just close to the MIN (never below) before every scheduled oil change...
So I'm guessing the Oil burning is normal for German cars? I guess it'll get better after 10k miles I hope. I do agree that the Audi A5 exterior is nicer, however, I think the 328i interior is better.

Anyway guys, thanks you all for your honest opinions.
Appreciate 0