View Single Post
      01-16-2010, 04:36 AM   #30
mimiandi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 323i

Garage List
2009 323i  [0.00]
i did my retrofit today and it is working perfectly.

Some of the gotchas :

1. my retrofit cables didnt come pre-connected and the coloring was little different from this thread but if you look at the pic and the explanation in the installation PDF, you can easily figure it out. (I cut the solid brown color wire since it didnt seem to be needed)

2. Upper console was pain in the ass to take off. At the end I used the following link instruction to do it. Perhaps this may be better for those who has skinny hands like myself.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97545

3. I dont think it was mentioned in the PDF but you need to unlock the
X14288 before you can plug in the cables. There is a plastic tab that locks the cover and X14288 together.

4. Putting the cables through grommet was not so hard. I pulled the cable out of Upper console so it was easier. Also, I didnt bother with putting back the adhesive tape.

5. Homelink programming guide- go to www.homelink.com for programming instruction.

* I disconnected negative cable from the battery before starting. Not 100 % sure but some cars dont have keyhole to open the trunk???? Mine does so i was able to lock it and unlock with my key.

Was not so hard but i did make some unnecessary scratches but i could do it better next time ... drop me message if you need help.
Appreciate 0