01-23-2010, 01:27 AM   #145
wmb
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 Comp, '15 335xi GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong1989 View Post
My first BMW was 2005 X3 3.0i, which my mom forced me to drive as a new driver's car... being a teenage at the time whats worst than driving a soccer-mom SUV? I hated the car but as time flew by, I became attached to it. Anyways, I had the chance at the time to drive my cousin's IS300 and VW Jetta and several other cars for comparision.

Needless to say, I now have a E90 335i and my cousin have a E90 330i.
Wow almost identical story here... Despite wanting a Z4 (my heart was set on 2.5i toledo blue & SMG), my mothers infinite wisdom prevailed and so I ended up with a 04 X3 3.0i.

While perhaps not as sporty as I'd have liked, xDrive made it damn good fun in the bends (tires squealing and everything). Looking back I drove that car way too hard — which would make sense given all the rattles...

All is well now though, ///M roadster FTW!! Looks like we both got what we wanted.

To answer the original question though, my infatuation started with my father's 535i (E34), grew infinitely when I saw Tomorrow Never Dies (how cool was that 7?!) and grew to angry fanboy proportions when my parents bought an E-class wagon despite my insistence on E39 — the E would end up being a total lemon and they ended up in a X5 not long after. Oh and ever since I've had broadband, more hours than I care to share have been lost on bmw.com...

Last edited by wmb; 01-23-2010 at 01:53 AM..
Appreciate 0