United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
I joined this forum to gather knowledge to help make the decision of whether or not I wanted to buy a 135. All of that aside, what you are saying sounds amazing, but the shit youre smoking must be as well. I went to a local dealership and found a 135i in the showroom with what they called a "performance package". This included carbon fiber mirrors, CF spoiler, CF interior trim, a badass alcantra steering wheel, wheels, exhaust, front and rear bumper, and a few more nick knacks like sport pedals, 3" thick pinstripe. you are looking at a 15000 addition to the 42 they wanted for the car. No widebody, no CF roof, no seats, no quad tips or even second exhaust opening no M3 suspension or brembo brakes. What you are saying they want to add I could all too easily see being a 20-35k more.

sorry to be a dick for my first post but I just HIGHLY disagree with what you have said.
Edit: and if it is only 10k more for everything that you listed than I will stand corrected and probably buy one
The 135 you saw sounds like it was loaded with every BMW Performance option available, which I doubt would add up to another $15,000. I'm guessing that is what the dealer is charging for all the parts, installation and probably some markup. I hope whoever buys that car also gets all the old parts, since they should be included with the original price of the car. Also remember that the BMW Performance parts are different from the M Division parts that will be used on the M version of the 1. As IS3andME said, there will be parts/cost sharing with the 1 M and the current and future M3. We have been speculating at the ballpark price for a while, but all we know as this point is that the M Division has stated they want to offer an M car at a lower price point than the existing products to attract new and younger buyers to the brand.