flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
United_States
Rep
Drives: like it's rented

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM2006i View Post
1)For people who have switched to NON runflat on 17 or 18 inches wheels. How does the ride feel? how long have you been driving on NON runflat? is there any problem on a long term?

2)what happens if you have a flat on NON runflat? because there's no spare tire in the trunk
1) Switched to non-rft and have had my 18-inch Hankooks for over 12K miles. These particular tires were a bargain from Tire Rack and I spent less on four tires than what it would cost to buy 2 RFT tires. Ride is QUIET, and SMOOTH over bumps (soaks them right up). I have a Quaife diff, so these tires RESPOND like my wife's Mercedes AWD E350 4Matic on her standard tires. Why is everyone so rattled about moving to non-RFTs? the M3 doesn't have RFT shoes, either. One caveat, I pumped up the tire pressure to the recommended values listed on my door jamb for speeds up to and beyond 100MPH: 39psi front/45psi rear.....no issues on performance!

2) Mobility kit, mini-spare, insurance towing service, cell phone is great comm gear for flat tires. What is the issue?

BMWCCA Member # 414198 |E90|SGM|6MT|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Blacklines|219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix FMIC|M3 Suspension|Megan Racing|GC Camber Plates/Coilovers|Eibach 440/800#|AR Catted DP|Cobb AP|StopTech Drilled/Slotted|SS Brake Lines|DWS
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570
Appreciate 0