11-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #125
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskamatt View Post
i really don't want to start a war or anything but i am simply curious. The 335is is a pretty expensive car (very expensive to most), and it is almost the price of an m3 correct? (sedan I guess but hey it's an m3)

i read enjoixe92's thread and considering his age he said the insurance on an m3 or a used m5 would be ridiculous. this i can understand. however, i assume not everyone is in the same situation as enjoixe92.

when choosing the 335is, performance is an obvious desire for owners however it is almost at an m3 price. is the insurance, and gas mileage the primary factors for not making the extra bump to the m3?

Thank you for the information.
Well, the price differential between a loaded 335is and M3 is 62,500 - 75,000 now. It's still a relatively large bump. For me, buying used wasn't a route I was going for, so 13k was a large difference for me.
I love my car but if I could go back to do it again, I'd probably just spring for a new loaded M3, mainly because at this point, why not just go all the way. Also, half of it has to do with the fact that the M3 is considerably more reliable than my car is going to be. I'll keep this til my 6 yr 100k maintenance warranty is up and probably move onto something bigger and better hopefully.
Appreciate 1