04-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #134
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Who am I to disagree with Scott, but I doubt this is true. We know that the E90 will be out of production later this year, so the F30 debut is set for Spring 2012. A 6 month difference would mean the 3GT launches this Fall, and the disguise level of current prototypes alone suggests otherwise. We should have seen FEP cars of the 3GT by now if that was true, like it is the case for the F20 1-series hitting the (European) streets later this year.

All this makes me believe that the F30 will debut first.

Best regards,
south
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Actually ,F30 3er comes first it will be officially announced in November in London - due to BMW's association with the 2012 olympics where BMW will also showcase their latest models in a specially built pavillion during the duration of the olympics, as well as being official vehicle sponsor.

F30 Public debut will be at the Geneva show in March coinciding with the European on sale date. An Active Hybrid 3 as a Concept will be shown at Geneva. The Touring will be revealed afterwards and debut at the AMI in Leipzig. Home to the largest 3er Touring market, Germany.
@ the Beijing autoshow BMW will unveil the China only 3erLi.

3er Touring will go on sale in Europe in September 2012.
US sales of the F30 sedan begin that Summer. F31 3er Touring is not coming to the US Market.

3er Gran Turismo is best described as a new level of luxury in the Premium entry class with the class leading sporting dynamics of a 3er.

The interior will offer something similar to the 5er GT , showcasing a roomy cabin (thanks to the China planned F30 3er Li Platform) and a lounge like environment.
Currently , there is no such concept like this within the Premium Entry class. You have Coupe's and Sportback's , but nothing like this.

What customers like about the 5er Gran Turismo is that it is not a Variant , it has it's own identity and stands out from the regular 5er.
3er Gran Turismo will follow the exact path.
With the 5er Gran Turismo the greater majority of customers never had a BMW before and are new to the brand , it is hoped 3er Gran Turismo will do the exact same.

Because the 2.0 Twin Power Turbo four and Twin Turbo diesel are candidates for this car it should do very well , especially for someone who wants more flexibility and individuality with their luxury.

You will see the 3er Gran Turismo in the near future just as you first saw the 5er Gran Turismo... As a Concept Car before arriving in the market in early 2013.
WHEW! You know I misread scott's post I think, much relieved that the F30 Sedan gets the proper respect and comes first