07-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #25
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Dude at Autozone got the same code on his reader as I did, P2400. Checking in with a local indy shop (Banchwerks in Providence,RI) to see if they have the capability of performing a smoke test.

Also, going to check the wiring, as vapore0n suggests.

In the meantime, I had sent an email to my SA at BMW of Warwick (Lauren, who is super helpful and rocks), asking about the code and whether or not she had any feedback (also asked about the injectors and whether or not there was a related recall, as I had read something similar in another thread) and this was her response:

BMW doesn’t use “P” codes, so unfortunately I can’t cross reference that code number with the BMW fault codes that specify bulletins.

The bulletin/recall for the injectors was released because the faulty injectors throw a check engine light due to misfire faults, it doesn’t specify that DMTL faults would be stored for the faulty injectors.

Your car doesn’t have any open/pending recalls at the moment, and doesn’t actually fall into the production date for that recall, so it wouldn’t qualify for that repair.

I can’t find any recalls pertaining to the evaporative system or DMTL system. I’m kind of at a loss. I guess if we had it here, we’d be checking all the connections and lines to make sure they’re all plugged in and connected. Maybe you’ve got a bad connection somewhere, or maybe you’ve got a legitimate leak somewhere? Smoke testing it will (hopefully/usually) show a leak. I’d check for rodent damage too….those suckers love to make nests on top of the gas tank (underneath the rear seat bottom) and love to chew wires….

Hope this helps, let me know how you make out.

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0