View Single Post
      12-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #13
Kylekuu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi, 84 318i

About the transmission, I'm not too familar with e46. But logically speaking, I assume the drain plug is not the type that is directly on the bottom of the transmission, if it is a pressurized filling system. Only saying this because I'm assuming the plug is not a 1 way valve, so if it were to be on the bottom, the machine would be hooked onto the original plug, filled, fluid stays in. Otherwise I don't think it'd be possible to add fluid, disconnect hose, then put on original plug.

Having said that, if the plug is not on the bottom, pressurized systems cost alot, but there are other methods. Like systems similar to motive brake bleeders, where you just pressurized the container with fluid and you'd still be able to inject fluid. Which is pretty cheap and multi-purpose.

But I think we should end our disagreement here, just because it can go on forever. You'll always find problems with different cars, and I'm in no way familar with all cars. But are ways to fill, just on creativity i guess.
Appreciate 0