RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRB View Post
Anyone share this view?

I have seen Merino dash on the 7 series - ok, maybe it looked a little thin - but I thought it looked good

I saw what I think was Nappa on a X5 - looked great, similar to my bosses 911 I thought

6 series with leather on the dash is just beautiful in my opinion - I don't know if they even have a plastic dash option - but I saw a 6 grand coupe with the cheap/thick soft dash - no idea what it was but they said it is standard if you don't opt for a leather - looked horrible.

In my opinion it is an expensive, but very attractive option (leather dash) - my only concern is the possibility for it to get scratched easier - and I am sure that day will come.
I am also curious as to people's opinions. I was with a friend when we were checking out the M5's and M6's (which sound incredible BTW), and we both thought the same thing. Thin, cheap/fake looking, not very lux feeling. But we also saw the ML350 with the leather dash, and both of us thought it looked really nice.

I know others have commented how the leather on the dash was nice, missed it from their other cars, etc. I guess the only way to really know is to see the actual car at the dealer when it arrives. But I can't imagine it's going to feel more lux than the M5 or M6, cars that are, by default, more lux than the M3/M4.

To me, it's surprising that there's such a wide range of opinions on how the leather dash looks/feels. Price is another matter. Also, for reference, I've been in plenty of 911's, 997's and 991's, and their leather dash seems much nicer than BMW's.
Appreciate 0