View Single Post
      01-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #30
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Toyota will co-develop the next Z4 to be designated Z3 with BMW.

BMW will be more of a sports car. Design influenced by Vision ConnectedDrive Concept car. Design will reflect the technology and advanced aspect of the new car. Technical , and futuristic.

Roadster (BMW) : Coupe (Toyota) at first but their will be an additional Coupe and Roadster for both brands.

Individual design.
Individual characters , both manufacturers will develop their own chassis.

front-engine, rear-drive layout of the current Z4. But a greater approach to weight reduction innovation.

Relatively no high increase in price over the current Z4.

Folding hard top ditched for soft top. Emphasis on weight reduction.

The basic body and chassis design by BMW.
Based upon extensive Carbon fibre innovation shown with the BMW i3 and i8 and the all new generation of 7er.
BMW developed Carbon fibre tub and chassis , key elements such as suspension arms fabricated from CFRP , aluminium A structure and chassis section.
Boot lid and bonnet lid Constructed from Carbon Fibre.

Toyota developed second generation plug-in hybrid technology. More advanced interpretation of the current Toyota Hybrid System II with energy storage capacitor for revolutionary performance eDrive model and Toyota hybrid Drive model.

Engines will be from BMW. Four and Six cylinders.

To be the first car in its segment to offer innovation , performance and efficiency , features expected of a super sports car at half the price.

BMW M. Variants possible.
Attached Images