04-05-2014, 03:42 PM   #26
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
The 2.0T are a total JOKE.

Not only do they kill the driving experience, but their results are questionable.

It is not for nothing that Honda / Toyota / Nissan stick to their V6. The truth is that they don't cost more in fuel ($) and the driving experience of a V6 can't be matched with a 4.

Shame BMW, SHAME.
Have you actually ever owned a high powered 2.0T? This is a Frankenturbo K04 hybrid

This is a custom tune (yeah same Alientech interface as OFT)

This is a 4cyl turbo car you think is too good for a BMW (but good enough for Audi, Mercedes, Cadillac, Saab, Buick, Subaru, Mazda, Ford, Mitsubishi and the good people at BMW)

Its certainly more fun than a stock turbo N54/N55 which even when faster (which is not the case unless your FBO) falls flat on its face after 5500rpm while that 4cyl turbo above was pushing 24psi @ 7000rpm and had a usable top end. The "regular" BMW 6 cyls are slow as balls period. There is no good experience being slow as balls. So unless you have an M 6/8/10 cyl I beg to differ. I don't find the N54 to be particularly refined and smooth either before you go there. Before the turbo four I had a VR6 which was much smoother and sounded WAY better than a N54. Before that I had a DSM 2.0T turbo. So I've had two turbo 4cyl and two 6cyl and I never found any great driving experience advantage from one to the other. A $500 tune will make the BMW 4cyl turbo more engine than a NA equivalent BMW 6cyl could ever dream of being without throwing a ton into it. The results are only questionable because if they made it the way they easily could have no one would buy 335/435s (I don't mean this literally before you argue that sarcasm). They could have just as easily thrown a bigger turbo and threw boost at it like the Mercedes AMG CL45

Last edited by stanlalee; 04-05-2014 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0