Patronus86
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpride335i View Post
I am not talking about single article on a magazine but lately NUMEROUS articles had BMW actually losing against Audi. I remember BMW always crushing Audis on a comparo all the time.

Nowadays Audi is substantially more competitive against BMW in terms of performance and design. Heck, I even saw BMW losing on to Audi on STEERING FEEL catagory.

I am hardcore BMW fan but what the hell? BMW is slowly losing ground and I am afraid Audi will slowly pass BMW by. With all these wacky models (such as gran coupe sh*t) BMW is getting watered down, seriously.

Someone tell BMW!
This post really seems like it was trolling for all kinds of responses, but I'll take the bait anyway. In short, no one truly knows if BMW is going down because no one can predict the future. However, just because BMW has a new generation that is not on top, doesn't mean the company is going down.

Every car company, and every company period, goes through ups and downs. For the past few years, BMW's 3 series were considered to be among the best of the luxury-sports sector, if not the very best. The reviews on the newest generation (F3x 3 and 4 series) are mixed, but basically they aren't considered to be the absolute best right now. For the longest time the Japanese companies made some of the best economy cars while the US competition sucked. Now US companies like Ford are making cars that compete with or outright beat the Japanese in that sector.

There should be no surprise or concern over this. If the quality of BMW cars continuously degrades over the next decade, than yeah, you should be concerned. Give BMW a chance to do R&D, refine and innovate as they always have. And let's be honest, though the current 3 and 4 series aren't considered the best, they are still decent enough; it's not like they are totally lacking quality and performance.
Appreciate 0