Thread: BMW going down
View Single Post
      04-06-2014, 02:41 AM   #32
Nebraska330xi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Sonora

The facts seem to be that people really don't give a shit about driving. They don't. They want a car, they want gadgets, and they want a badge. When regular people say "eh but the BMW steering is too hard" they buy the light steering Merc. Have you ever tried to explain cars to a regular person? Or just talk about them? I went to a car show with my GF earlier this year and she didn't understand who I was there. I was a psycho to her, "who the fuck names off engine specs of fiat products, and what is a transmission?" She asks.

The enthusiast aura around BMW has made it famous. And people have flocked to get a piece. It's one of the reasons I got mine over an Audi, because I "knew" that it was a drivers car. It had a mystique. Where am I going with this? Not sure, it's 2am so who cares. This topic gets brought up everytime BMW releases a new tire stem cap "o no BMW lost way, much shame!!"
"GIVE ME AN e30, I've never driven one but I will be set IM SO CONNECTED to this roundabout that gets me to work, wow the tire valve are so much better in the E30!!"

Brands evolve. Audi and many others caught up. They make great cars too now, BMW knows this. They know about the enthusiasts too...but competition is good, it makes for better cars and more choices. They still offer manuals for Christ sakes give them a break. Yes the EPS was half baked. They should have waited a generation to get it right. I think the results in M3/4 will be telling.

Ramble ended.

DIY: Charcoal Delete, K
Appreciate 0