EW///
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by galahad05 View Post
My take:

To an extent "BMW has lost its way" is sort of true, when you look at it on the surface. They definitely are going mainstream with all the benefits that implies--big money on the bottom line.

But more to the point, BMW is doing what every other car manufacturer is doing over time--the cars of a particular model gets bigger, heavier, and more...."touring" like.

Then, when the original model has gotten big/expensive/heavy enough, they introduce a smaller model which pretty much does the job of the guy that just moved up in weight/price class.

For BMW's U.S. market, enter the 1- and 2-series. They are what the 3-series used to be.

So no, I don't think they've lost their way--not completely. They have a cunning plan to both be mainstream AND enthusiast. Just different car model lines.
what model line am i looking to have a plain inline six cylinders like a all 3 series E46/9X used to have? the answer is none and that's the reason why i chose to go the route of V8 engine. I don't think i'm going to buy another BMW F-model generation till an inline six or plain V8 comes back.

2017 F15 X35i SAV, 2011 E93M
E46,90 & 92 were gone but not forgotten!!!
Appreciate 0