View Single Post
      12-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #393
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Some great fights at UFC 124! Thiago Alves again demonstrated why pretty much everyone avoids standing in front of him. There are probably only 2 or 3 people in the entire UFC that could stand in front of him and exchange.

Another outstanding performance by GSP. I was hoping to see Josh get submitted but GSP likes to play it safe and why deal with Josh's wrestling when he was crushing him with his jab and quick combination. The only thing Josh had was his heavy right hand and GSP read that coming a long ways out. So I can see why GSP stuck with it. He is a smart fighter and he fights to win.

Not sure if there will ever be a GSP vs Silva fight. Silva isn't going to make 170 and GSP really has no desire to go up to 185.

If they did fight though, I suspect GSP would beat him. Silva won't be able to handle GSP's wrestling ability combined with his speed. He just wouldn't be able to dance around like he normally does. Also Silva is on the decline, I don't think he has much left in him unfortunately. I think he is tired of fighting (more specifically of the insane amount of conditioning and training required). I'm sure he is physically capable but I don't think the desire is there to keep going much longer.

Bones Jones vs Bader was a match destined to happen. Call me crazy but I think Bader will beat him.