03-24-2011, 11:20 PM   #22
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemonster View Post
I did Keto....the no carb thing was way to restrictive for me with Family functions and the wife.
Same. I did keto cycles for about 6 months back in 1998-1999 and it really worked. Muscle sparing fat loss for me.

However the preriod where your body is changing from carb metabolism to ketone metabolism makes your head go fuzzy and does not feel nice. The first ever time is the worst.

And when in ketosis you think slower, move slower, etc. Your body can run on ketones but it really wants carbs. Not to mention your brain. All in all it's not something I'd do now given a family, children, more senior job, etc. It suited me back then but not now.
Quote:
I consume no protien powder or bars. Just take a multi vitamin and an E/C stack.
I'm a big believer in post workout carb drink followed by protein shake to maximise recovery and repair for building size.

I've used ECA stacks and they definitely work. They also make you go a bit hyper once you get the dose up there! The ECA stack is to increase your BMR and so burn some extra calories via passive means.

I'm not sure it makes sense to combine a catabolic tactic (ECA tack) with an anabolic tactic (weight training with protein). You're either in a mass building cycle or a cutting cycle, right?

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0