mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_mega View Post
but they did exactly that, so now what?

the performance on the 135i and the current m3 are so close, it came down to which felt better to drive for me, that's how I decided which one to buy

I don't get to drive over 100mph often, that may have changed my choice
im not going to argue you with you anymore, as i feel the 135 is a great car, but you clearly don't understand what the m3 is about. the 135 does exactly as it was supposed to and so does the m3. the 135 meets the fun factor as a daily driver car. and the m3 meets its intention in every category. now performance may cross in some area like 0-60, but it doesn't match every aspect of the m3. what is bmw's slogan? the ultimate driving machine. Bmw tried to create a car that would satisfy the majority of the people that would like to have a fun, zippy, comfotable but yet tight car. And they created the 135 as it would be consider the ultimate driving machine in its intentions. Bmw also wanted to make a car that was versitle, they wanted to create a car that could be driven on street and track, while not jepordizing one for the other,(though it is a little more suited for the track, but makes a wonderful daily driver) comfort over performance. and they did just that they created the m3. again another ultimate driving machine in its class. the two cars are very different. and the drivers of each car a very different. i don't know what your definition of performance is but to me it is handling, acceleration, top speed, and most importantly the way the driver is connected to the car and the road. it sounds like all you care about is acceleration and you picked a great car just for that! yanyway, don't mean to sound like a dick (which you proably think i am), but i just wanted to point out the obivious.