View Single Post
      04-06-2024, 06:11 PM   #10
Bavarian Tech
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2006 330i  [10.00]
IMO, I've found 3 ways to do a heater core..Pull the box, pull the dash or just pull the column. All depends on what you want/need to replace and if you can do an evac n recharge of the a/c system. If your just interested in replacing the heater core, pull the column out of the way..Pull the c clips off the heater core,
push the hard lines through the firewall a bit and slide heater core out. Doable if your comfortable with working in tight spaces. Just replace the O rings with the heater core, and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadn View Post
I thought I saw a post somewhere that showed how to do with only removing the steering column and not the dash. I did see a few posts for the e46 and found a youtube for a doing this to a 1 series but could not find any for the e90. I have 2006 325xi e91 and can smell antifreeze inside the car. The heater core was pretty plugged up when I bought it and tried to flush it a couple of times but it still takes a very long time to heat up. I have just lived with it for the past couple of years but am not liking the sweet smell of antifreeze in my interior. I figured that at one point it had a leak on the heater core and instead of replacing it the previous owner put in some kind of stop leak and this gummed up the passage ways in the core. I am not about to jump into removing the dash and will not pay a shop to do this, but if it can be done without removing the dash I might go for it.
Let me know what you all think.
Appreciate 1