Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
-

The level of attention that goes into an M-car, up to 80% of parts are changed / modified depending on the model & function:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...ess_163340.htm

135i is great, but is not at this level engineering - what can't be seen / measured precisely.
I'm quoting this because it pertains to what I have to say next.
vvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
hey, i didn't mean for you to interpret what i said that way. and if you did i am sorry. i never said that non m cars aren't performance oriented because that is what BMW is about, the ultimate driving machine. but i was just expressing an opinion. take the nissan skyline for example. that is a car that you can just jump into and anybody can drive. that is what i referred to a car that drives you because you don't have to put much empasize in the driving. I was saying that m cars you have to learn how to drive them. the whole thing that i said about the driving experience, i didn't mean for it to sound the way it did, i meant it to be people who like the m style driving experience. non m and m cars are different in the direction of performance. i never drove the 135, but i am sure it is a fun car. so sorry for the way it came out, i am one of the nicest guys you would ever meet, but i just don't have a way with wording things if you know what i mean.

for the comment about me elaborating more. i was watching a show about the bmw factory. it was actually how they build the z4. the things they did to the m were different than the z4. they just paid attention to details differently, than a non m car. the m cars are more focused to achieve performance, because that is the direction they try to head with the cars. now i am not saying that non m cars aren't a performance car, just that they have a different goal they try to achieve, performance without the sacrifice of comfort. i hope i am not trying to sound like an ass hole, and i am definetly not a badge whore, sorry for a false image of myself. all bmws are excellent cars!
I did see that special, and it was really amazing to say the least. However, I think the wording you both used is incorrect. The detail going into both camps is the same, it's just that they're built with different goals in mind. The amount of detail going into our suspensions is just as high I'm sure. It's just that they're tuned as well as possible to provide a soft ride alongside a sporty demeanor. The M Cars have different parts, but that doesn't make them any more detailed. That makes them different. I hope I'm wording this properly. In fact, I think I'm basically re-wording what you just wrote, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
i agree! i wish my car had just a little more low end and mid range torque. I am doing the best i can to fix that. i am sure the 135 is a blast to drive.
Honestly, if I didn't have to have the extra set of seats I'd trade my car for an M Coupe on the spot. Amazing car. AMAZING handling. I loved everything about it for the two days I had to spend with it at the track. It made the M5/M6 feel downright boring, with weight being the primary issue. I wouldn't even bother increasing the power. Just black out the grilles, black out the lower midsection of the bumper between the brake ducts, black out the roof panel, tint it, drop it, and add some wheels. That's what I'd do at least.
Appreciate 0