View Single Post
      09-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #44
Wongway
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyz View Post
I completely agree with you that the SWS8s are terrible beyond the 120Hz.

I am currently running the SWS8 at 110Hz and the fronts down to 110Hz as well, and they perform well to me.

Putting the new sub at 80Hz and down, and keeping the above configuration will not result in that hole in the spectrum. What do you think?
I've never heard your speakers myself, but I have a hard time believing your mids will play to 110hz without straining.

I'm hoping for the best that they do!

Outside of that, I think your biggest headache might be getting the SWS and your trunk sub to play nice with each other. Phasing issues might cause one set to cancel the output of the other. You'll also be fighting the fact that the trunk naturally cancels out some of the trunk sub as well. I think when checking output, you'll need to selectively turn off the SWS and make sure the trunk sub is tuned well before turning them back on to see if the SWS aren't cancelling the trunk subs. And once you do that, vice versa.

I doubt people will reference this thread well, but I think the best advice anyone can give to someone looking to add low end to the E90 is:
If you aren't willing to go the trunk sub route, stick with it. If you're open to the trunk sub route, any compromises you made for having bass in the cabin will screw with your trunk sub install.
Appreciate 0