View Single Post
      06-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #1
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

How's this weight training nutrition plan?

Hi everyone,

Just started weight training, and aiming to add 10# of muscle in 3 months (a bit ambitious, but setting a goal I think is attainable). Currently 20 yo, M, 6'5" and 173# (underweight). I have everything figured out in terms of what weights, how much, how often, etc. But, need some opinions on my nutrition plan. Here's what I have planned out:

Workout days:
9:00- Oatmeal, whey protein shake (30g), banana, cup of water
11:00- Workout
12:00- Whey protein shake (30g)
1:30- Chicken, white rice, slice of cheese, cup of water
3:00- Shake consisting of Greek yogurt, cup of milk, banana, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
6:00- 2 tuna fish sandwiches, cup of water
8:30- Chicken/steak/salmon, cup of water

Total protein intake: 225g

Seems like I'd be getting sufficient complex carbs in in the morning, and simple carbs/protein after workout. Only reason for the peanut butter and milk is that I'm trying to gain just a bit of weight early on to get started. I'll slowly cut these out after some progress.

Now, for "non-workout" days, I have the same planned, but only because I still do some bit of exercise (cardio ~20 mins, or just basic abs stuff), but I obviously don't go as hard on my body. Just simple stuff to keep the blood moving. Would it be OK to keep the same plan for "non-workout" days as workout days? Should I cut anything out/add anything?

My other issue is that when I add bulk foods like peanut butter, I always gain weight in my belly area. It just doesn't disperse well throughout my body. So, I can't really follow the bulk first then cut method, as I'd just get a huge gut and no muscle gains.

Thanks for any advice in helping a newb!
Appreciate 0