Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
From Edmunds Inside Line:

its so true lol

From Edmunds Inside Line:

Quote:
(the 9th reason the 135i is better than the M3) M guys: Like buying a Corvette or a Mustang or a Ferrari, when you buy an M car you have to buy a jacket with the M badge on the back. And the keychain with the M. And some cool M badges with the colors of the German flag instead of the M stripes. And you've got to wave at other M cars. And then you've gotta disapprove of every other fast car for not being an M. It's a vicious circle and I just don't have the time to join a cult...
There's actually some truth to Edmund's thought there but for sure it's more entertainment than truly accurate, especially in ref to M cars as opposed to Corvettes or American muscle cars. People do like to associate themselves with something tangible. It's really more pride in their purchase than a search for cult status (exception: Harley Davidson). I can't remember which is #1 and #2 in tattoos worldwide...H-D or "Mom." Same thing in the Air Force as people often identify themselves with the aircraft type(s) on base even if their job is not flying related. When I picked up my M car, I was given a little carbon fiber M key chain and a really nice fitted black M t-shirt. I use the keychain as it's small, subtle, and nice. I've yet to wear the shirt (even though it fits perfectly with my runner's build). I guess if 135i owners are so concerned over such things they should remove the M badges from the car?