View Single Post
      04-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #13
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

I think it depends on how much of a factor cost is for you. My gut feel, without any data, is that the Forge would be marginally better. But if it is in fact any better, it's certainly not on the same ratio as its additional cost (I expect that the value per dollar ratio would have to weight heavily in favor of the Wagner).

I agree that Wagner appears to have handled their warranty very well and I for one wouldn't knock them a bit for the one failure described in another post here.

That said I have a Forge on order with HPA because I prefer the connection type and mating up with the stock parts (I'm talking the 1M / N55 engine style only). I know that silicone couplers and t-bolt clamps are used all over the place and are fine, but I just have a preference for the way the Forge installs. It kind of feels to me like if the BMW engineers were able to make a better intercooler and not have to be concerned with cost, it is what they would have done. I could be way off on that but it was why i went w/ the Forge.

If I had a 135i with an N54 I don't think Forge would have been in the running, I would have been deciding between Wagner, ETS and VSRF.
Appreciate 0