01-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
Schn3ll
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 Carrera T

Garage List
2009 135  [0.00]
Talking 2.0 Beta impressions!!!

Got a couple little gifts in the mail today!!!

I couldn't wait till the weekend so decided to drop all plans in favor of the 2.0 beta. First let me tell you guys that the routing of the USB cable to the glove box was a pita, i was searching behind the fuses for an hour (and cutting up my hand in the process), I thought the diy would be the same as the e9x but the cable ends up terminating under the glovebox (where it meets the carpet) not behind it.

Oh well, got that all figured out (thanks for the help Terry!). Then onto the newest JB3, install is fairly straightforward and fast so I don't think I need to mention it, I think I can do the install blindfolded now.

I was so excited to try it out that I forgot to install the new DP fix...d'oh. Not a huge deal as I still have my stock DP's, but would have been nice not to have to go into the ecu box ever again.

Now for the test drive, and just wow. What can be said other than SMOOOOTH. This tune is so transparent its crazy. I only drove it for about 20 minutes on map 5, but it is night and day compared to 1.4. This is the real deal and its only a BETA!!! Definitely going to shred through these winter tires in no time at all.

Great job again Terry!

Edit: Anyone want to buy a JB3 1.4 without the wire harness?
Attached Images

Last edited by Schn3ll; 01-21-2010 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0