View Single Post
      05-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #45
SCBMW02
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i and 2022 Z4 M40i

Garage List
This is an old argument with no right answer! Having had the last 3 generations of M3 and a 2001 M Roadster, I can safely say the Z4 35is blows them all away in the driving fun most of us will ever do. Well, maybe can't go quite as deep in to corners, and my nerve runs out way before the grip does because of the handling characteristics, but this thing is fast and just a blast to drive. I have had it on the track and in sport + mode with the DCT snapping off shifts, man I feel like Alonso! It is not a Boxster, but blows it away in looks, comfort and flat out acceleration. I mean it is the same engine as the 1M exactly! It is very pricey, but still less than Boxster or Cayman if you throw in all the Porsche options. If BMW would just tweak the suspension, steering and brakes just a bit! Guess I'm asking for full blown M! Bottom line, it is not for everyone, but for me it fits the bill perfectly. Fast, good looking roadster that will carve up curvy roads as much as I need to. Hope they don't change the looks too much next go round.
Appreciate 0