Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealYourFace View Post
Stunning! Last year too...

That car definitely looks to have been owned/loved by a cca member. I love the commonality between the e46/e38/e39. Same sausage different length right?

Love the car. Ideal color combo as well. I hope you get it on a lift, give it a check and take it to at least one hpde to get a taste of what bmw buyers were after back in the day wit that great all around "M5 lite."

Jealous. I would keep it as oem as possible, other than that horribly restrictive looking exhaust. How do 8cyl breath throughout that tiny pipe?! FFFFTTTTTTTTT! I imagine Supersptint headers, high flow cats and cat back would give a nice quiet euro rumble, or maybe an oem m5 take off exhaust...

Check that stack of work orders for oil pumps, although by 2003 that issue may have been resolved.

Great car, cars like that get me really pumped, as you can tell.

Thank you for the kind words. I just had the steering components, oil pan gasket, and drive belts replaced. I will likely be having the power steering pump replaced soon as well, it is in working hard but has a terribly annoying screech at idle. The car is a blast to drive, i've just had to hone my manual driving skills. No one in my family owns a stick shift, so I only had small chances here and there to learn on my buddy's Golf.

My first car was an E46 325i, and it had the same interior as this E39, the grey leather with black dash. It is a very classy look, and it has aged substantially better than the black leather interiors i've seen on these with similar mileage.

Im looking into some kind of new exhaust, the current one is pathetically quiet. I was thinking about Remus, sounds like a good mix between cruising noise and goofing around romps.