View Single Post
      06-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
danbl
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320D M Sport+

iDrive Resetting Every 5 minutes

I have a MY2014 F30 that came with Professional Nav, and I have since coded EBT on top. I use both a Blackberry Q10 (work) and iPhone 5 (personal) via Bluetooth and have done so for over 2 months with no issues.

Yesterday the iDrive started "rebooting" every 5 minutes or so whilst driving along. The screen would go off then display the ConnectedDrive logo and the radio, nav and bluetooth would all stop/reset.

I finally stopped and left the car for 10 minutes but when I came back it had deleted my profile (missing from options page), so had lost all of my address book, favourites etc. I was hoping that this was the end of the "glitch" but it continued to reset for my 3 hour drive (incredibly annoying).

After a bit of troubleshooting I discovered:
  • The car does not delete the profile every restart, this has only happened once
  • With only my iPhone connected via BT everything is fine
  • With only my Q10 connected the rebooting occurs

So this is obviously somehow related to the Q10 (which I've been using fine for months), but my local BMW dealer can only offer the helpful advice of "It's not listed as fully supported on the compatibility checker".

Can anyone offer any advice? I'm currently reloading the OS on the Q10 in the hope this may improve things!
Appreciate 0