View Single Post
      02-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #103
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Just showed my wife the pictures as she tends to be very picky when it comes to these kind of things. She loves the M-Sport, but this, not so much lol.

One of the things she just said is "I would never ever put any ///M or ///M Performance anywhere if I don't have the real thing or cannot afford it".

Besides the disgruntled feeling of having it say ///M everywhere, she mentioned a good point: The black skirts actually make the F30 look a lot smaller than it really is. At least on the pictures that is.

Not to mention the "stupid stripe" she said, because "besides it looks like a ricer, it looks like an American muscle car like a Mustang, you don't put this on a nice car, on a classy car such as the 3 series" ... "It's not a cheap ass car that you need to make a lot nicer, it's nice already.. if you need crap like this to make it nicer, you better buy a stupid ass crap ricer or muscle car. You don't need to do much to make these cars nice".

Btw, just as an example, here's what her old M3 looked like.. I think you can agree it looks awesome with just minimal mods on the looks:

I'm much more easy to please than my wife when it comes to these things but the result is there if I look at the old M. That was one beautiful car with minimal mods in the looks of the car (black grille, smoked corner light, diff exhaust (for those with sound issues, you would've loved that one), sweet rims and several other minor things).

Looking at the pictures, I'm kind of sad right now when I think about the fact that we sold it several years ago
Appreciate 0