Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 335GT & 2000 Z3M Roadster

Garage List
2016 BMW 335GT  [0.00]
2000 BMW Z3M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
ugh these carbon wrapping threads are lame especially when the weave isn't even perfectly aligned
It's actually more aligned as would appear. I go through this everytime I post a CF DIY thread..... What appears to be a fucked up weave is it going over an edge or contour on the piece. Subscribe to the thread and watch the results once it's had some more resin and I clear coat! except for minor distortion a couple of spots; the weave is aligned and not distorted. Additionally, show me ANY cf part without some distortion (maybe BMW factory; but I've seen "issues" with BMW factory CF as well and a set from them is $4,500). I've seen full custom hoods "professionally" manufactured and they still have the issues. Virtually every EAS part has some somewhere on the part. The goal is to be perfect, but as long as you're dealing with a woven cloth, some distortion is inevitable.

Apparently, it's good enough for BMW as I have the two largest BMW dealerships in the Toronto area offering my services to their new car clients after seeing my finished parts in person as well as a number of BMW Indy shops!!!
Appreciate 0