View Single Post
      04-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #50
XiangyuTide
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 530i

As a Chinese, the only thing I want to comment on this post is "you are really funny". Yeah GM manufactures really nice Buicks in Shanghai, but it is just too far to be considered as a luxury in China. The LaCrosse is the most expensive Buick model made by Shanghai GM with a top price of RMB 320K which is about $50K. And let me tell you what, Chinese purchased more than 1000 Rolls last year, more than Americans did, plus, the cheapest model in China costs RMB 4 million, which is about $635K and the MSRP for the same model is $ 250K in the US. My family have a Mercedes ML 350 which is RMB 900K and same as $143K. But it can only be considered as an entry level car if you are talking about luxury cars in China since there are tons of Range Rovers ($200K-$350K+), Mercedes S ($220K-$400K+) and BMW 7s even on the street of my city (a typical suburb of Beijing). So, if you tell a Chinese that driving a Buick in China is like a Bentley in America, he will probably think that Bentley is just too cheap in America lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurphy2 View Post
Ya must be tough selling in a market that even 60 years later is still convinced that Buick is the pinnacle of automotive achievement. (if you dont know Buick is considered the best and most impressive car to drive in china, on level with driving a bentley in America)
Appreciate 0