08-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #22
Redsoxx1918
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noixd View Post
X1 is a fake BMW!
Good one! How can I argue with that logic?

Actually, the X1 is a real BMW. I am currently trading in my 2013 X1 for a 2015 model. It'll be my 5th BMW. I've had a 330i, 328xi coupe, Z4, and 2013 X1. My 2015 is an Xdrive28i, sport line with the 18" sport wheels and sport seats, premium package, cold weather package, lighting package, Alpine White with Coral Red leather, gloss black with coral red matte interior accents.

I'm getting the previous gen E90 3 series platform, the same drivetrain that is offered in the 2 series, 3 series, 4 series, 5 series, Z4, X3 and X4. I get a vehicle that'll do 0-60 in 6.3 seconds and is small enough so that it'll still drive like a sports sedan when I drop it into sport mode and fling it through the twisties on the back roads and yet drive all day at 100mph on the highway. The vehicle actually reminds me, a lot, of my E46 330i. I can drive it easy in eco pro mode and get 35mpg as I did on a recent trip to Cape cod. I get a car that's big enough and has a hatch so that it'll swallow my bicycle with or without the front tire removed and a long roof with roof rails that'll carry my two kayaks with ease and without having to climb on to a ladder to remove. I get a few extra inches of ground clearance that, along with the xdrive, makes the car a beast in the snow. I drove through several snow storms and 6"-8" inches of snow without a problem last winter when I was snowmobiling up north.

And I got all that for $36,500 with my USAA rebate. Quite a bargain in my book.
Appreciate 0