View Single Post
      04-20-2011, 06:14 AM   #30
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
Sounds a bit useless if this is the case - and from what I've read I know Quaife's aren't useless. I certainly understand clutch type LSDs but I'll have to read up on helical units it appears.

With my open diff there are times when I turn into my steep/sharp driveway & I've got one rear wheel in the air and no traction, even with the e-diff trying to do it's thing. I then have to reverse back and get a run-up. At the track the e-diff thingy has overheated the rear brakes and brought up a dash alarm.

Still looking for a cheapish way to get hold of an LSD for my welded diff type manual 135. Can source from Andrew for ~$4.5k + freight each way + fitting. Can source cheaper from the US but looks like I'd also need a new tailshaft as I'm told the US diff is different from ours. Anybody else with a manual 135 been down this path?
Hi TimMc, The rear wheel going up is worse with upgraded sway bars as well. I have an option for you very very soon for a 135i welded diff. I have one coming up second hand as it is being taken out of a car as he is taking his 1M soon. Email me if you like as he is in Sydney, you and him may be able to do a deal directly, i can facilitate that if you need. So send me an email if you are ready. Thanks for your support.
Appreciate 0