United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si, 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Just keep shooting and reading and enter a contest or two here. There's a contest up now that you could enter with a scenic or picture of wildlife. There's no penalty if you don't win, in fact, the winner has to run the next contest, which is a minor pain, but worth it.

If you don't already have a Flickr account, or some equivalent, consider starting one to show your best shots. You can keep the family shots private, but then there's a free app so that you always have them on your smartphone.

Since your wife is into it also, you could plan some trips around photography. My wife isn't interested for herself, only the results, but she tolerates my photo-adventure that I try to weave into most of our trips. I make a vanity book for any significant trip, which the wife loves. Yours might want to design the books.

Dave
I've got PhotoBucket. I'll definitely post up some pics and get some tips from you guys. This is the perfect all in one forum for me. Cars and photography. Can't ask for more.

I've made some books already. I've got books for my kids at 1 year old and the major vacations. My wife is too busy with the kids to sit down and put books together herself. I'm the one who tends to stay up late, only get 5 hours of sleep just so I can do my hobbies.

I'll be going to Vagas and Zion National Park in November. Hopefully I can snap some interesting pics. Too bad I can't take my Z with me over there and do a photoshoot.

Maybe I'll try to buy the D7000 before the trip. Perfect opportunity to shoot.
Appreciate 0