02-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #2
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTurnFactory View Post
About 5 months ago I got a BPM tune from Mike Benvo for my 2008 E93 M3 6MT. Needless to say, I'm very happy with it and would like to keep it for the life of my car. It included a package for my HFC xpipe w/ secondary cats deleted, in addition to the "Servotronic tweak" that he does for the BPM tunes.

Now for the generic question, which I would think applies to any tune for the Siemens device in any E9X M3:

I'm going in for some service at a big BMW dealership (JMK BMW) staffed with the standard, factory-trained Service Advisors/BMW techs - at what point should I be concerned that they'd discover or otherwise overwrite the flashed tune? Should I explicitly tell them not to flash the stock firmware during service?

Being a 2008 M3, it's out of factory warranty, and I don't have a CPO on it. But for purposes of being useful to others in the forum, it'd be helpful to also provide tips on what to do if the car did have its new car warranty.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
They will not overwrite the tune unless you ask for the software to be updated. You are out of warranty and it is a big liability to them to do it, if a module goes out during flashing they are on the hook for it.
It can be time consuming for them also because I had a buddie get his updated, it dod not take and the car sat dead for 3 days while they got the FSC codes from germany. All this time they are losing money. You will find on here from other posts that they do nto like to update software unless they have a good reason to.
Furthermore you are probably on 240 from Benvo, you can have older car software but updated DME. The dealer does not have the ability to update certain modules, well some can but they dont.
Bottom line is if they wipe your tune out just put it back on. If you dont have the tune Benvo will be more than happy to help you out.