Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTurnFactory View Post
About 5 months ago I got a BPM tune from Mike Benvo for my 2008 E93 M3 6MT. Needless to say, I'm very happy with it and would like to keep it for the life of my car. It included a package for my HFC xpipe w/ secondary cats deleted, in addition to the "Servotronic tweak" that he does for the BPM tunes.

Now for the generic question, which I would think applies to any tune for the Siemens device in any E9X M3:

I'm going in for some service at a big BMW dealership (JMK BMW) staffed with the standard, factory-trained Service Advisors/BMW techs - at what point should I be concerned that they'd discover or otherwise overwrite the flashed tune? Should I explicitly tell them not to flash the stock firmware during service?

Being a 2008 M3, it's out of factory warranty, and I don't have a CPO on it. But for purposes of being useful to others in the forum, it'd be helpful to also provide tips on what to do if the car did have its new car warranty.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Always feel free to email or PM us for help!

Given that you're out warranty, I wouldn't worry about it. It's highly unlikely that they would program your car unless something merits programming. As Kawasaki said, they like to avoid this if at all possible.

Is this visit for routine service?

Best way to check if the car is tuned is to look for things that they would likely never notice. If you had the cold start turned off, a dead giveaway that they've programmed it would be a much louder startup.

The easiest method to determine if the tune is still present, is checking for the enhanced cold oil RPM protection. When you start the car in the morning, you'll notice the RPM limiter at 6,500 rather than 4,500 if they overwrote the software.

In any event, loading the software takes less than ten minutes with your computer - so if they do happen to flash it for whatever reason, we can help you put it back quite easily. On a side note, we've never heard of a single instance of our software being detected by the dealership.

Glad you are enjoying the tune, and let us know if you need any help.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0