Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by boofi View Post
Goodness you guys are a bunch of goddamn babies. If you don't want the FWD, don't buy the FWD. They aren't going to make FWD 3 series.

Besides, look at the Fiesta ST and GTI. Both are FWD, and both are getting RAVE reviews as far as driving dynamics. A little diveristy never hurt anyone. Low end FWD models can fund your RWD fun to drive models. Just look at what Porsche did with the Cayenne and Macan.

And the Panamera...

Totally agree.. Anyone who doesnt want a product isnt forced to buy it. Just because the company is broadening it's scope of models, doesnt mean that they the company is going to quit making traditional models or go to hell in a handbasket.. Holy crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousq View Post
So this is how BMW dies....with a FWD car.......

Quite the OPPOSITE. This is how the company gets STRONGER. More successful models = more sales
More sales = more income. More income means the COMPANY DOESNT GO UNDER. More income = ability to create more niche/unique/specific models. More unique/specific/niche models = things like a halo car like an M1.... or vehicles like a CSL ... or unique vehicles for racing like the M235... the 1M... or perhaps bringing back something like the 8 series... or a new Z8... ? while CORE models like the M3... M5... M6 still exist.
We have to think about this a bit deeper. If bmw is focusing FWD and family minivans, then the ulimate driving machine is ignored...productivity & R&D will be scattered.

If a restuarant serves steak and seafood now all of a sudden they're doing all you can eat buffet...they'll still make a profit but the food is going downhill
Appreciate 0