Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
If you haven't changed anything suspension-wise (e.g. ARB), the car is meant to understeer when you exceed the limit. BMW has configured this on purpose because only very few drivers know how to correct severe oversteer.

If you go towards stiffer ARBs, install an LSD and remap the car, oversteer and/or drifting is no problem when deactivating the nanny controls.

When the tires start squealing, you'll be close to the limits. Normally the nose should start pushing towards the outside of the corner, which you can rectify with gently reducing throttle input. I would however advise to do this rather on a track or dedicated handling circuit where you have more space for driver's errors.

Alpina_B3_Lux

plus one...

The nanny aids are very sensitive and will correct any oversteer.... however, you can't just rely on the elctronics....no matter how good the car is .....GTR or not....if you push it over its limits ...you gona crash...end of!

I assume that with a proper LSD, the car will be easier to control for a decent driver.
Appreciate 0