View Single Post
      09-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #52
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Yeah, 'cause they sure "perfected" LTE (Samsung tech Apple uses) during the entire year before the 5 and Jobs didn't see it becoming popular nor widely available at the time (Sept. 2011)...boy, he sure was right, wasn't he?

The lack of LTE in the 4s and availability of it in San Antonio at the time was what kept me out of an Apple Product. I was enjoying the LTE on my, then, S2 Skyrocket for a full year. This from someone who's on their second iPhone.
The reason the iPhone didn't gain LTE until the 5 was because it required two radio's( one for LTE and another radio for GSM/CDMA). That was a design compromise Apple wasn't going to make due to the extra space it would take up and extra power draw. So they waited until Qualcomm made a radio that had LTE and GSM/CDMA combined.

And it is well known what Jobs states at the time is to be taken with a grain of salt. It's a part of his sales pitch to sell the current product. One year he bashed flash storage, etc. The very next year the iPod Nano came out. Says video on a MP3 player sucks, next year the iPod Video came out, etc. Telling people the real technical reasons why won't sell the product such as the two radio deal with the early implementation of LTE. It's all marketing. And Jobs was damn good at it.

Anyway leaning toward the 6 Plus.

Last edited by quagmire; 09-10-2014 at 10:00 PM..
Appreciate 0