View Single Post
      09-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #56
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Ok, so going with my original statement, you're saying it wasn't Apple who made the combination radio? It was Qualcomm...and that means Apple, themselves, didn't perfect a damn thing (which is the statement I am contending here). So there goes that argument... My S2 Skyrocket was the same size as the new iPhone 6. Please, keep the excuses for Apple's shortcomings rolling right along...
Who says I was disagreeing with your argument about Apple perfecting things? I was just stating the reason why the iPhone didn't gain LTE until the 5 and why Steve Jobs statements about why his products lack certain features with a grain of salt. Those statements about LTE is pure marketing. And it isn't excusing Apple's shortcomings per se because I agree with Apple's stance towards a lot of things and the LTE thing is one of them. I don't want space dedicated towards a separate LTE radio and further decrease my battery life due to the extra power draw just so I can brag to fellow spec whores about having LTE who try to claim a product is better because it has more features in a spec sheet battle. You have a 13 MP sensor? Who cares if the lens and sensor itself is a POS how many MP the camera has. MP does not mean better quality pictures. So on and so on.

But I do have an issue with Apple's quest on absolute thinness. I would gladly accept my phone being 7.8 mm thick( the same as my 5) if it meant a bigger battery( thus better battery life). My iPhone 5 is plenty thin enough. Part of the reason I am going with the 6 Plus is due to the better battery life.

But it isn't a new practice to give credit ( or blame) to the company that makes the total package, not the supplier. BMW made a great engine, vehicle, etc. No credit towards the suppliers that had to engineer the parts to BMW's specs. The N54 had a POS HPFP? BMW sucks. No blame on the supplier.

Last edited by quagmire; 09-11-2014 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0