Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
I'd grab a lens now, wait on the body until all the new 1DX and next gen 5D's come out, that way you'll have some new selection in the used marked along with other sales. But as that 70-200mm IS is one of the more modern lenses, it will be the better investment.

and if you're having low light issues, save money by getting a high quality tripod if you haven't already. or at the very least, a nice monopod.
The 1DX is a really BIG investment that I don't think anyone should make until they've spent a good bit of time at the pro-sumer level, like the 5Ds.

A 5D2 now will allow hand held street shooting at night and huge prints that a T1i can't match.

Waiting on a 5D3 may mean waiting until late 2012. Also, the prices on Canon's new release have been through the roof (the new Series II lens are 30% to 50% higher than the lenses they replace) so the 5D3 might end up being a $4000 body with not much more still pix capacity than the MkII.

Any Canon L-series 70-200mm is on my list of all time great lenses. If you have a need for one, then that IS a good item for high on the list. I do use it for scenics, but find it more useful for portraits, large animals, sports and certain scenics.