View Single Post
      08-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Exclamation Ring-Taxi crash drama AGAIN...

BIMMERPOST NEWS
Ring-Taxi crash drama AGAIN
COMMENTS
Name:  ring taxi crash take_2.jpg
Views: 3133
Size:  110.9 KB

August 24th, 2014
Nürburgring, Germany

Yup, another Ring Taxi driver crashed while driving on the Ring with paying passengers! Our friends at Bridge to Gantry website have reported tonight. Its hard to believe this has happened twice in one month.

Dackel

Here is what Dale wrote on BtG...

It's hard to believe, but for the second time this month the BMW Ring-Taxi has crashed again!
Witnesses describe the accident as happening within the area of Mutkurve, an area of the Nürburgring Nordschleife that's rarely spectated.

Michel Huisman was spectating at the Karussell:

"It was raining a bit..I heard him coming from kesselchen and then lotsa tyre noise and a boom."

Name:  ring taxi crash take_2.2.jpg
Views: 1600
Size:  102.6 KB

Then Barry Philips of SolarPhotgraphy.co.uk was standing between Wipperman and Brünchenn:

"He stopped to check damage between Wippermann and Brunnchen, Obviously had not spotted me. He was doing the taxi lap while track closed due to other incident."

Name:  ring taxi crash take_2.1.jpg
Views: 1261
Size:  111.2 KB

And, of course, Chris of Automobil channel was in position to capture the "drive of shame" for his YouTube channel!

A lot of people have pointed out that you shouldn't drive away from an accident, no matter how light the damage.

This is correct!

However, in mitigation, the Ring-Taxis were the only cars on track at this point, as they were driving safely through the accident zones. Though obviously not safely everywhere else.

In my opinion, the BMW Ring-Taxis should be setting the best example for all drivers at the Nürburgring Nordschleife. So, believe me, reporting on these incidents doesn't bring me any joy. I do it because the "hide it away and hush it up" approach doesn't fix the problem.

And we can't blame the power-laden BMW M5 for these high-profile incidents either. Because this guy laps every day, not just weekends, and in all conditions. Without incident.

Do you think he uses a magic potion? Or a lucky rabbits foot? Or, possibly, is he 'just' a local guy with great track knowledge, no ego and respect for his customers?

I'll leave that with you.
(And also hope that I haven't tempted fate on Theo's behalf!)

Dale.

Source... BtG...
http://bridgetogantry.com/2/index.ph...sh-drama-again

Appreciate 0