06-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Sorry for the late response guys, I had a couple exams in my summer classes.

I have not been working out regularly lately. Like I said in my OP, when I would try to get back into it, my muscles would hurt so bad. To the point where I couldn't extend my arm fully for almost a week. I have a relatively light (10 - 40 or 50 pounds) set of free weights at my house. I think I'll just use those until I feel comfortable going to the gym again.

I actually fractured the Radial head in my left arm lol. During the day it got a little warm and at night, it got really cold so the snow turned into a sheet of ice. I was trying to be careful so I wouldn't get hurt (figures lol). And I wasn't even doing anything stupid. I hit a patch of ice, slipped and fell with my arm fully extended. Out of all the times that I have when flying off of jumps and rails, I would get hurt with my board on the ground. Lol

Props to you though. I was only in a sling for two weeks but I never wore it. I was always trying to move my arm to get the range of motion back. But I wasn't as hardcore as you lol.

Quick question...when you straighten your arm, make a fist and rotate your wrist left and right, does your elbow make a clicking sound? Mine does. Idk if that's normal or not but it doesn't hurt me so I don't feel like I need to go to the doctor.

I have full range of motion now. The doctor said that instead of putting my arm in a cast, he just wanted me to wear a sling for a few weeks and then just be careful with it. That would eliminate my arm from getting stiff and needing PT. That's how I understood it.
No clicking or popping within THAT motion....but I'm still feeling some crunching when warming it up for weight lifting. THOSE hurt pretty good when it 'SNAPS' or crunches.....but only for a nano second or so.....but does so for about 8 reps.

As of this morning, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever be able to straighten it under its owns power ? It locks out slightly short of straight. The same when hanging from a pull-up bar-(straight down)..just draping.
Appreciate 0