Facebook.com/MotorCityRally
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viper GTS, M235I, Jeep JK

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Thumbs up NOTFA5T E92 M3 VF540 build and review

Hey Everyone,

I own a 2008 E92 M3 DCT running a Eurocharged tune, full exhaust no cats and AFE Stage II intake. I wanted to share my experience with VF Engineering and the current kit I have on my vehicle the VF540. The car made decent power and felt much better than stock however that all changed when we finished the install of the VF540 kit. I put 1400 miles on the car over the next two days as we headed to Bimmerfest East. I had full faith in the team and how great this kit was that we had no doubt the car will perform flawlessly. The whole drive down I was itching to get after it but prior to doing any WOT pulls above 5500 rpm we did the break in SC oil change for our drive back to Detroit. I was now finally ready to go balls to the wall! What an amazing jump in power and torque! The car literally felt like a super car and it pulls like a freight train all the way to the top of the RPM range. I am a big track person and I love learning about my car and how to get the most out of it. I enjoyed a few track days last summer and started to get more comfortable with the car and how it handled the new power. I can only say this is how the M3 should have come from the factory! The fit and finish in the product is top notch and during normal daily driving it’s as civil as before minus the glorious whine from under the hood. Being the founder of MotorCity Gumball an event that attracts enthusiast from all over the US and Canada. The MotorCity Gumball Rally was the next step to stretch her legs out and see what she had. The event was full of everything from LP560, DB9S, GTR’s, Ferrari’s etc it was a very fast crowd! If it wasn't for the new found power we would not have had as much fun! We had few runs while in “Mexico” with the car in current form. The best run so far has been with a 13’ GTR w/ Cobb tune and mid pipes and a 07’ C6 Z with only an axle back exhaust and intake. We all ran multiple times and each run was give or take within a rear bumper from 55-140 mph. I did notice the GTR had a much better top end but when I upgrade to the VF650 kit that will be a different story. I found out quickly it was almost useless to run on factory width tires and now run a set of Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R 305 series tires to help handle the new found power. All in all I couldn't be happier with the how well this kit performs, the quality and reliability it has. I have now decided after just a short while I need more power! So it’s time for us to upgrade to the VF650 kit and I will give my impressions of that kit as well when we finish the install.

Here are a few pics of the engine bay.

Stay tuned for more updates and thank you for hearing me out!
Facebook.com/MotorCityRally
Appreciate 0