09-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #16
G.I.Joe
Major
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
Damn that should be scary. So it broke in two parts? How did you repaired your box where did you get new parts for it?
I know that going 500whp+ would really be better to go SMF but for me not really sure.
It was quite scary, I was pulling on a M6 Grand Coupe at the time (for the 4th time) going through Germany. The flywheel broke in about 20 parts, so when I say disintegrated, it really was like that....

I had my local shop do all the repairs, they had to dismantle another gear box to get the parts.

Quote:
Would like to hear in person how loud is the chatter. And what about real feeling in the car is it like a truck almost I mean how would you rate from 1-10 points comparing with stock setup
Noise 1-10
Vibrations 1-10
Pedal smoothness 1-10
Chatter is only present when you have the MT in neutral and the clutch is released. Press down the clutch and there is nothing. Idle is super smooth, only a little more vibration during acceleration (almost like when adding E85 and the engine runs a little more roughly), it revs faster (it really can be noticed), and the pedal feel is smooth, you need a little more throttle than with the DMFW, but pedal pressure is less than with my HPF Stage 2 clutch and the stock DMFW.

If anyone near you runs a SPEC Stage 3+ (or 2+) with a steel SMFW you should ask for a ride/drive.
E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | Pure Stage 2 turbos | Motiv PI | Trueform Tech Intake | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Öhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E85 Map | Fuel-It Stage 3 LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Tial BOV | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC Steel SM Flywheel |

Last edited by G.I.Joe; 09-30-2013 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 1