View Single Post
      10-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
The guys on E90Post create sort of a false reality for many of us daily drivers.

The truth of the matter is that if you use your car DAILY...as in, getting up to go to work or school every morning, then it is IMPOSSIBLE I repeat IMPOSSIBLE to keep your car absolutely blemish free over an extended period of time. Now of course, someone is going to rebut this by saying the opposite. Those people probably live in hillbilly land somewhere where there are no other cars or people to get in the way. For those of us who live in densely populated areas, this is almost law.

I tried in vain to keep my car scratch/ding free but it's just not possible. If you drive your car daily, it's just inevitable. Accept it and move on, if you have time and/or the money to fix it, that's your perogative. But to worry about things that aren't under your control is just time and energy wasted. This much I've learned.

Think of each ding/scratch as kind of a "battle scar". Sometimes that helps me feel better.
I go to a school of 25,000. I've had the car 2 1/2 years without a single ding. It's possible, you just have to be willing to walk the extra distance. If you want the closest spot so you park between two soccer moms everywhere you go, then yes, your car will get beat up. But if your car matters to you more than the 40 ft of parking lot extra you'll have to walk, you can keep it like new.
Appreciate 0