View Single Post
      09-21-2022, 09:32 AM   #1
mpelley92
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 Toyota Matrix

Looking at an 07 323i

Hi all, I found a 2007 323i that I'm having trouble wondering if it's worth purchasing or not. This particular model is a 6 speed manual, with 330,000 km. The guy is asking for $5000 without a safety inspection (this is in Ontario, Canada).

The car's body is mint, no signs of abuse. The engine and transmission seem very smooth. The interior isn't too bad - except for small things like the start button being worn off almost entirely.

There's only one orange warning light on the dash, and the owner says it's because HID lights are installed - it needs a resistor or something to communicate with the car properly or something?

Then there's the red "inspection" light (the one that looks like the car is up on a lift), which he says is because of the headlight issue.

He's got all the history on the car, says there's only three owners (two of which were him and his brother in-law). He's taken it to the local BMW dealer to get everything serviced, completed all the recalls, recently installed 6 new coilpacks.

To me, it seems like a decent deal. I'm going to mostly be driving the car long distances (like across the country), not to-from work.

My major concerns are:
- is this car worth the asking price?
- what is the resale value of a high mileage BMW?
- will I even be able to sell it again for what I'm paying for it?
- what can I expect to see in terms of maintenance on this car in the next say, 2 years?

Thanks all!
Appreciate 0