Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimZ View Post
Should i get a 50mm f1.4 lens for my canon t3i?? I'm having difficulty choosing between that or just saving up to get a better lens. Right now i have the stock kit lens, 18-55mm f3.5-5.6
It depends on what you like to shoot. The 50mm f.14 is a great lens. (I have one.) Very sharp and works well in low light, plus it gives awesome bokeh. But it is limited. If you want a good walk-around lens, you might be better off with a mid-range zoom. The 17-40mm F4L is a sweet lens, but it will cost twice what the 50mm f1.4 will cost you. Try renting one for a few days or a week. It's not that expensive and it'll give you an idea of how it fits your style. I've rented a few lenses that I thought about buying and then decided not to because of my experience while renting them.

Try borrowlenses.com or lensrentals.com. Both have nearly identical prices and service. I've used them both with no issues.
I was just about to click the order button for the rentals on a 50mm f1.4 and the 17-40mm that you suggested. The prices were pretty great but damn I couldn't justify the price of shipping!! I'm going to pick up a 50 f1.4 tomorrow from adorama.
I took a lot of pics at a wedding with the basic lens and man do they suck with quality
Appreciate 0